lives and concerts

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Where I live, there aren't really that many opportunities to go to lives or concerts I like. In fact, when I was younger, there were hardly any lives going on at all - it got to the point where it didn't matter so much who the artist is, if you've heard of them and they're coming, you might as well go, there's nothing else going on anyway. These days that's not really the case - we have a lot of local bands that are pretty cool, and we do have decent international acts coming almost every month. But still - not many of these artists are ones I actually crave to see live.

Last January I went to Japan to see Arashi's Beautiful World tour in Fukuoka. BUMP OF CHICKEN, a band I'm completely obsessed with, was also touring, but I couldn't afford their tickets after what I paid for Arashi. But my friend happened to win the ballot to ONE OK ROCK's Yokohama Arena Finale, so we decided to go together. And then in February one of my favourites from college, Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessionals, came to my city to perform an acoustic set. 

Usually I don't go to a concerts, much. But this year one thing seems to lead to another, and despite a busy work schedule, I'm still making time for them.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP